Due to licensing issues some important competitions and clubs do not have their real names displayed in Football Manager 2017, and also some national teams don’t have real players selected. That can be fixed with this download though, it’s fairly easy and you will enjoy real names in FM 2017 for your favourite clubs, competitions and also real players in national teams like Germany, South Korea, Japan or China.
You can see some examples in the screen shots below (click on image to expand):
There is an extensive list of changes included in this fix, I will name just a few:
- Real names for Premier League, Champions League, Europa League, UEFA Youth League
- Real international award names
- Real names for German clubs and leagues
- Real names for Brazilian clubs in Serie A, Serie B and Serie C
- Real players in national teams of Germany, South Korea, Japan, China (the real players will appear only after a squad is selected for a match)
- Real names of various playable leagues
FM 2017 Real Names Fix Download
You can download the file by clicking the image below:
Please note: If you want to share this download on your website you will have to link back to this page, do not host the file elsewhere or post the direct download link! Thanks.
FM 2017 Real Names Fix Installation
1. Navigate to Program Files>Steam>steamapps>common>Football Manager 2017>data>db>1700 and delete the following folders: “lnc”, “dbc” and “edt”. (Make a backup of it in case you want to revert to the original fake names at some point). Do the same thing with the same folders in Program Files>Steam>steamapps>common>Football Manager 2016>data>db>1712.
2. Download our file, which is a zip archive, then you will have to extract it to this folder: Program Files>Steam>steamapps>common>Football Manager 2016>data>db>1700> and also to Program Files>Steam>steamapps>common>Football Manager 2016>data>db>1712.
For Mac users, the respective folders should be in / Users / (username) / Library / Application Support / Steam / SteamApps / common / Football Manager 2017 / data / db / 17XX.
3. That’s it, start or re-start your game and enjoy!
If you spot any more teams or competitions in FM 2017 that need name changing, please let me know and I will release a new version of this download to fix them.
FM 2020 Latest
/ 3 months ago
This Football Manager youth development guide explains how one crop of wonderkids took Scarborough from the...
/ 4 months ago
How do you find Wonderkids In Football Manager? This guide will focus on how...
/ 4 months ago
What are Football Manager touchline shouts and why should we use them? This guide...
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Best FM20 Tactics
/ 3 months ago
The latest addition to our best football Manager 2020 Tactics; The 3 Amigo's is...
After months of talking about the communities work its finally time to share my...
This guide describes how to create real life tactics in FM20. From Klopp’s dynamic 4-3-3, to...
Hey guys and welcome to another FM20 top tip as we cover how to break...