Football Manager 2013 brings a new and more intuitive way to compare your players and, for the first time in the Football Manager series, the possibility to compare non-playing staff members and see which one is better for a specific role.
Here’s a brief run-down of what’s new in the comparison module in FM 2013:
- better graphical illustration of the differences in attributes
- highlight key attributes for a specific role
- compare position ability of two players
- compare staff: coaches, physios, scouts etc
Miles Jacobson explains:
- revamped youth academy and reserves competitions in England
- co-ownership deals updated giving more liberty to negotiate such transfers
- MLS updated, Montreal Impact are included in the new game
- all the playable leagues were updated, including a the new youth rules in the… Romanian league! (plus several others)
- completely new module, much easier to manage as general and match training are in the same screen
- improved individual training module
- you can send your coaches to study and get training badges, improving their skills
- training camps – you can send your team to training camps during the summer or, depending on the league, during the winter break as well
- Head of youth development – the man who will make sure that you recruit the best youngsters in your region but also manage your youth team
- Chief scout – the man who will filter the various scout reports, presenting you only the most viable options for transfers. This staff member can also handle assigning your scouts to specific tasks.
- this new staff member will handle all kinds of transfer business for you, including selling unwanted players or loaning out youngsters
- separate leaderboards for each game mode (full career, FM Classic, challenges).
- separate leaderboards for nations/divisions.
- sophisticated scoring system that takes into account trophies, goals scored, but also the initial reputation of the club that you achieved those results with.
- fully integrated with Steam, you will be able to compare your score to those of your Steam friends.
- manager wages count towards the points you earn, so now there’s a point in negotiating a higher salary with your club.
- much easier to set up, network games will run through the powerful Steam servers.
- you have the possibility to export your team from single player mode into a network game. This way you can play against one of your friends regardless of which season your team is playing in the single player mode. For instance, I could play with Viitorul Constanta against Darren’s Scarborough or Kevin’s Toronto FC!
- agree on match view settings before the actual game, which avoids having the two players having different settings.
- New physics engine, which allows more realistic ball trajectories. The ball is now affected by pitch conditions and weather.
- Player bodies are more realistic.
- AI (Artificial Intelligence) more realistic.
- New cameras and the possibility to zoom in and out.
- Increased stadium details.
- live feed of suggestions and updates during the match in a single, customizable, panel, instead of multiple panels like in FM 2012
- quicker in-game substitutions
- animated action bar and match info bar during the match
- easier access to camera selection and match speed settings
Remember that if you want to buy the game, which you should, you can do that at a reduced price from our Games Store: just 27 pounds! If you buy a legal copy of the game that means you support the guys who make the game, and if you buying it from us it means that you support this website that has served you pretty well for a few years now.
If you are feeling lucky you can take part in our FM 2013 GiveAway for a chance to win a free copy of Football Manager 2013, ready to download on release date!
FM 2020 Latest
/ 2 months ago
This Football Manager youth development guide explains how one crop of wonderkids took Scarborough from the...
/ 3 months ago
How do you find Wonderkids In Football Manager? This guide will focus on how...
/ 3 months ago
What are Football Manager touchline shouts and why should we use them? This guide...
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Best FM20 Tactics
/ 2 months ago
The latest addition to our best football Manager 2020 Tactics; The 3 Amigo's is...
After months of talking about the communities work its finally time to share my...
This guide describes how to create real life tactics in FM20. From Klopp’s dynamic 4-3-3, to...
Hey guys and welcome to another FM20 top tip as we cover how to break...