Due to licensing issues some competitions and clubs have fake names in FM 2016. For instance all the clubs in the German Bundesliga have fake names, the English Premier League is called “Premier Division”, the German national team has fake players and so does the Japanese one. All these issues can be solved easily with our FM 2016 Real Names Fix, all you have to do is download it and then install it with our step by step instructions.
Get real names in Football Manager 2016, replacing “Premier Division” with “Premier League“, “Champions Cup” with “UEFA Champions League” and much more. Several real competition names are included in this fix, along with real award names and real players in the Germany national team, South Korea national team and Japan national team.
After you install this fix you have to restart FM 2016 and you should be able to see the real names in your game. They should look like this:
Here’s a quick list of the most important things that are included in this download:
FM 2016 Real Competition Names
- UEFA Champions League
- UEFA Europa League
- UEFA Youth League
- Barclays Premier League
- 2. Bundesliga
- 3. Bundesliga
- And many more, including real names for all European and South American domestic competitions.
FM 2016 Real Club Names
- FC Porto
- Sporting CP
- Real names for Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga clubs, including FC Bayern Munchen, Borussia Dortmund and Schalke 04.
FM 2016 Real Players*
- Real players in Germany national team.
- Real players in Japan national team.
- Real players in South Korea national team.
* – Real players might not appear immediately after installing the fix, but they will appear after a squad is selected for an international match.
Download FM 2016 Real Names Fix
Download the file by clicking the button below:
Please note: If you want to share this download on your website you will have to link back to this page, do not host the file elsewhere or post the direct download link! Thanks.
How to install FM 2016 real names fix
1. Navigate to Program Files>Steam>steamapps>common>Football Manager 2016>data>db>1600>lnc and delete the “all” folder. (Make a backup of it in case you want to revert to the original fake names at some point). Do the same thing with the “all” folder in Program Files>Steam>steamapps>common>Football Manager 2016>data>db>1601>lnc.
After patch 16.3, you will also have to apply the fix to the following folder: Program Files>Steam>steamapps>common>Football Manager 2016>data>db>1630>lnc.
2. Download our file, which is a zip archive, then you will have to extract it to this folder: Program Files>Steam>steamapps>common>Football Manager 2016>data>db>1600>lnc and also to Program Files>Steam>steamapps>common>Football Manager 2016>data>db>1601>lnc.
3. That’s it, start or re-start your game and enjoy!
If you spot any more teams or competitions in FM 2016 that need name changing, please let me know and I will release a new version of this download to fix them.
Useful comment from Michael for Mac users:
Just a heads up for everyone who’s trying to install this on Mac and can’t find the folder mentioned in the guide:
On Steam on Mac you have to do this:
Go to FM 16 in Steam right click it and go Properties -> Local Files -> Browse Local Files and in the data -> db you will find 1600 and 1601
FM 2020 Latest
/ 2 weeks ago
This Football Manager youth development guide explains how one crop of wonderkids took Scarborough from the...
/ 1 month ago
How do you find Wonderkids In Football Manager? This guide will focus on how...
/ 2 months ago
What are Football Manager touchline shouts and why should we use them? This guide...
/ 2 months ago
This Football Manager player personality guide follows on from our investigation into which attributes stimulate...