FM 2014 Goalkeepers (GK)
Role: Goalkeeper | Duty: Defend
- Goalkeeping: Aerial Ability, Command of Area, Handling, One On Ones, Reflexes
- Mental: Composure, Concentration, Decisions, Positioning
- Physical: Agility
Role: Sweeper Keeper | Duty: Defend / Support / Attack
- Goalkeeping: Aerial Ability, Command of Area, Communication, Eccentricity, First Touch, Handling, Reflexes, Rushing Out
- Mental: Composure, Concentration, Creativity, Decisions, Positioning
- Physical: Acceleration, Agility, Pace
FM 2014 Goalkeeper roles and duties explained
- This role focuses on simple and risk-free use of the ball, with the goalie simply looking to play the ball away from goal to an open player. If a player is not open the goalkeeper will play the ball long and safe.
- The goalkeeper will distribute the ball differently between match strategies. For more cautious tactics, he will try to clear the ball deep while for more aggressive tactics he will feed the defence in order to start off passing moves.
- Can only have defend duty.
- Aims to perform two roles, that of the standard goalkeeper and the outfield sweeper. Alongside his standard goalkeeping duties he will try to sweep up balls in front and wide of the penalty area and initiate counter-attacking moves with direct through balls to breaking players.
- With a defend duty, the sweeper keeper will be a lot more cautious, but will still play counter-attacking balls when they are on.
- With a support duty, the sweeper keeper will stray just outside the penalty area and look to play counter-attacking passes.
- With an attack duty the sweeper keeper will travel some distance outside of the penalty area and be happy to move out with the ball at his feet.
FM 2014 Key Attributes and Player Roles Index
(click to jump to the desired category)
FM 2020 Latest
/ 2 weeks ago
This Football Manager youth development guide explains how one crop of wonderkids took Scarborough from the...
/ 1 month ago
How do you find Wonderkids In Football Manager? This guide will focus on how...
/ 2 months ago
What are Football Manager touchline shouts and why should we use them? This guide...
/ 2 months ago
This Football Manager player personality guide follows on from our investigation into which attributes stimulate...
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Best Football Manager 2020 Tactics: The 3 Amigo’s Big Game System
- FM20 Wonderkid: Luis Florentino – Manchester United’s Missing Piece
- FM 2020 Story | Roda to Glory: Troubling the Top Teams
- Football Manager Youth Development Guide: Lower League to Top Flight
- FM20 Wonderkid: Kai Havertz – A Touch Of Class For Chelsea