Welcome to my latest tactic in the best FM 2016 tactics series. The tactic testing as been completed with Everton in the Premier League romping home to win the league title in style. Everton pose quite a challenge due to the number injuries in the squad at the beginning of the season. However it was a thoroughly enjoyable save using the two diamonds tactic. We scored the most and conceded the least during the season. Further details and the downloadable tactic are available below.
Best FM 2016 Tactics: Formation
This tactic is called two diamonds because of the two diamonds formed by the ‘front6’ as you can see above. The formation has a flat back 4 with one defensive midfielder just in front to shield the defence and have another body back to help the central defenders when the full backs are up field. The box to box midfielder is very important in helping defence and attack, the attacking midfielder is also crucial – these two are part of both diamonds and central to the teams success.
Best FM 2016 Tactics: Team Instructions
The team instructions above were used throughout the entire season with Everton regardless of the opponent or situation.
Best FM 2016 Tactics: Opposition Instructions
The opposition instructions above were used for all matches instead of advice from my assistant or coaches.
Best FM 2016 Tactics: Training
I changed the main focus between fitness and team cohesion during pre-season and sometimes changed intensity to high but be careful you may get too many injuries. Match Preparation: Match Tactics
This is the routine I used when the tactic was fluid and it seemed to work great for me. For individual player training I trained them for the role they were playing in the tactic. Match Preparation: Teamwork
Best FM 2016 Tactics: Results
A great season in the league – 10 points clear of Man City. We also scored the most and conceded the least goals.
Best FM 2016 Tactics: Tinkerman’s Top Tips
- Get the tactic fluid as quick as possible – play at least 5 friendlies in pre-season and don’t have other tactics in the slots until this one is fluid. Placing this tactic in two or more slots will improve time until it becomes fluid.
- You need at least two players for each position, so build your squad with this in mind, if you have a small budget, players who can play two positions are invaluable.
- Remember to set the opposition instructions and training as described above.
- Indvidual player instructions are crucial so you must download the tactic to get the best results.
- Set your Attacking midfielder to take the corners on both sides.
Best FM 2016 Tactics: Download
If you would like to give the tactic a go, please follow the instructions below.
1. Click the download link above and download the file.
2. Once the file is downloaded move it to the following folder documents>sports interactive>football manager 2016>tactics
3. Now load the game as normal and enter the tactics screen.
4. In the tactics screen, click the tactic you currently have loaded then select ‘load’ from the drop-down menu
5. Select ‘Tinkerman’s Two Diamonds′ and click load.
Thanks for reading. Please feel free to leave a comment or feedback. Hope you enjoy!
FM 2020 Latest
/ 3 months ago
This Football Manager youth development guide explains how one crop of wonderkids took Scarborough from the...
/ 4 months ago
How do you find Wonderkids In Football Manager? This guide will focus on how...
/ 4 months ago
What are Football Manager touchline shouts and why should we use them? This guide...
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Best FM20 Tactics
/ 3 months ago
The latest addition to our best football Manager 2020 Tactics; The 3 Amigo's is...
After months of talking about the communities work its finally time to share my...
This guide describes how to create real life tactics in FM20. From Klopp’s dynamic 4-3-3, to...
Hey guys and welcome to another FM20 top tip as we cover how to break...