Update – The Scouting Network in FM 2013
written by Darren Smith
I’m sure many of you like myself are starting to wind down from FM12 and get excited about FM13. The Scouting Network has finally finished reporting on FM 2012 players and is now preparing for the new game, so I’d like to thank all of you for your support. I’d also like to thank the sites scouts, Karl, Ryan and Jonathan who have done an excellent job this year. The Scouting Network got through more than 200 profiles for FM12, a lot more than the 109 we managed during FM11 and the new scouts really made a difference.
We will be making a few minor adjustments to the way we scout for FM13, so I’ll take this opportunity to outline what you can expect for the new game and how to best use the Scouting Network.
How do I get the most out of this site during FM 2013?
Its simple, you only need to do a few things, but remember the more you help support this site the more we will give back. Below are a few suggestions and one very important recommendation.
- First and foremost you must load the following database and countries to be able to sign every player we recommend. A large database is required alongside England, Spain, Italy, Brazil and Argentina selected as playable. If you miss any of these countries you may not be able to sign some of our profiled players. Argentina will be added for the first time this year so hopefully we’ll be able to scout more players from such a talented part of the World.
- Check the Scouting Network from release day, every day. We will be providing player profiles from the 20th October, that’s right, just one day after the BETA versions release. Chances are we will profile tonnes of players within the first few days including our lists of players been published before Monday and then at least one player a day for the first few weeks, so if you don’t want to miss a thing, keep checking the site. Alternatively you could have all our profiles sent to your email by signing up to the FMS Newsletter here. That way you’ll also receive vital FM news not to mention incredible tactics and awesome downloads.
- Remember that when you view our lists each player is given a star rating. This doesn’t just reflect their ability but their value for money, potential, age and current ability…so even if a player looks good it doesn’t guarantee him a good rating, he may be nearer the bottom of the list due to a ludicrous asking price at the start of the game. Why have such players profiled in the first place? Well most players with a ridiculous price at the start of the game will drop in value and therefore become cheaper after a season or so not to mention the club we bid with may have to pay more than the club you’re managing, and I’m sure no one wants to miss out on players like that.
- All the asking prices we show are taken from the start of a new game with the database and countries loaded. So always check your game before dismissing someone, if you are just a few months into the game the asking price could have changed. A players asking price may also vary if you don’t have the country he’s playing in loaded as playable.
- If in doubt ask, we are always here to help and if we can’t give you a good enough answer we will often tell you straight away as all the scouts are around the site most days.
- You have some social network icons at the bottom of every post, clicking these will share our profiles and lists with your friends through Facebook and Twitter etc, this is vital for our site to grow, the more shares and likes we get the more popular this site gets and in turn the more staff we take on and the more profiles we will provide you with. So please show your support by sharing any content you like.
I think that’s about it, just follow the guidelines above and this site should see you signing the worlds best players in FM 2013. Thank you to all our loyal readers for your support during FM12 and I hope we can offer you an even better service for FM 2013. If you haven’t already bought the game I recommend pre-ordering it at a special price of £27 from the FMS gamestore. Remember if you don’t pre-order the game then we’ll be playing it two weeks before you. :)